K-12 students, currently enrolled MU students, high school graduates and young adults aged 18 years or older are allowed to participate in summer activities on MU’s campus and MU-sponsored trips off campus. However, on-campus overnight events are not permitted for K-12 students.
All summer programs, including activities on MU’s campus and MU-sponsored trips off campus, must abide by the policies and procedures listed below.
- Follow current MU recommendations regarding the wearing of face coverings, social distancing and hand hygiene.
- Collect attendance information so contact tracing can be facilitated should someone in the group become symptomatic or test positive for COVID-19.
- Create an isolation plan for students who become ill. Individuals with COVID-19 symptoms should leave the program and return home as soon as possible, as well as contact their health care provider. For individuals that cannot leave the program immediately, a location for isolation from other members of the group must be available until the symptomatic individual is able to be picked up or can leave.
- For overnight programs, both isolation and quarantine plans must be in place for symptomatic individuals and their close contacts, respectively, if they cannot leave immediately and need to remain overnight either on MU’s campus or at an off-campus location under MU’s oversight.
- Advise that both symptomatic individuals and their close contacts speak with their health care provider regarding testing.
- Ensure travel protocols, including transportation via cars, trains, buses, vans or planes, are compliant with current Boone County and CDC guidelines.
Events and activities attendance
For additional event and activities information, visit: Events and activities.