Travel increases the risk of exposure to COVID-19; therefore, everyone is encouraged to carefully review the following guidance before engaging in any form of travel to or from the University of Missouri campus.
Before you travel:
- Review data on the prevalence of COVID-19 on campus, in Columbia/Boone County and in your final destination.
- Review the regulations governing travel to your destination. Some states require the completion of a travelers’ form prior to arrival, along with specific restrictions and testing requirements after arrival.
- Remember that if you become infected or if you are exposed to a person who is confirmed to be infected, you will need to isolate or quarantine before traveling. Travelers who are ill, are infected or have recently been exposed to the virus will not be allowed to board public forms of transportation, such as airplanes and trains.
- Consider your own physical and mental health when assessing your ability to travel away from campus.
At least two weeks prior to departure:
- Minimize your risk of exposure and infection during the weeks leading to departure from campus (14 days is best). Any exposures could disrupt travel plans.
- Reduce the number of people you have close contact with prior to the trip. Any close interaction with people outside your immediate household or roommates will present an opportunity for infection.