Students and employees are required to wear a face covering when on the University of Missouri campus.
Wear face coverings whenever you are on campus even when you are outside, unless you are alone.
- Face coverings must cover your mouth and nose and surrounding areas of your lower face.
- Those who share a household (roommates, family members, etc. ) must also wear face coverings when outdoors together on campus. This outdoor requirement applies to the entire campus, including the MU Health Care areas.
You do not have to wear a face covering:
- When you are alone in a private work space or single-occupancy study rooms.
- While exercising alone where social distancing is achievable.
At MizzouRec, face coverings are required when entering the facility and while transitioning between spaces when you are working out. However, you do not need to wear a face covering while exercising alone where social distancing is achievable.
- When you are in your residence hall room with your roommate. Face coverings should be worn around visitors.
- When eating or drinking outdoors. You must remain at least six feet apart from others and return face coverings immediately after consumption is complete.
Departments will have extra face coverings for students who arrive for class without one, but students are expected to supply and maintain their own face coverings.
Employees, see additional indoor workplace face covering requirements for more information.